Sunday, June 3, 2012

DS Patchwork Quilt Top


Everyone knows that I an notorious for starting new projects, but taking forever to complete them. I guess it depends on the project. Sometimes I get this really great idea of a color scheme or a quilt design and I just want to jump on it. I have found that in the past, when I do not take that idea and run with it, I end up loosing it in the shuffle of things that corrode my thoughts.

I am also not one to really use that many prints in my quilts. I prefer solids whenever I use patterns, or even create something from my own design. This was quite a struggle for me to stack up this many prints together without thinking "does this clash".

Stepping out of my comfort zone I focused on color and not print, to create this beautiful patchwork quilt top. I really am in love with how well the prints played together. It took 2 hours moving blocks around, only to realize it really didn't have to be perfect (there is no such thing). Now I am excited to get this one quilted and it will be my first quilt that goes up for sale. Well at least that was the plan before sewing it together. We'll see if I can let go by the finish.

If you like the pattern of this quilt check out my free tutorial here.


Happy Sewing!!

13 comments:

  1. i love the simplicity of a twisted or tossed 9 patch....and the colors you chose for this are so great.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great colors, patterns and design.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, I am loving the colors here! So pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  4. The black fabric makes the colors pop! I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. It came out gorgeous! And congrats on getting the top finished so fast!

    ReplyDelete
  6. It looks beautiful! thank you so much :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by. I appreciate that you took a minute to read my post.
Please share what you thought about it with a comment.